When people come together with a common goal, anything is possible! That’s been the philosophy of NESP (The New England Soul Patrol) since it’s founding in Portland, Maine in September 2006. This organization started as a regional group supporting the music and artistry of Taylor Hicks. However, the reputation of the NESP has grown beyond the boundaries of the New England states. Taylor Hicks fans from all over the country have now joined in the organization’s unique ways of celebrating the charitable giving inspired by Taylor himself.
Again this holiday season, NESP continues its’ mission of helping children and families in need. Their third annual holiday ornament sale benefits the Home for Little Wanderers, America's oldest (1799) and New England's largest non-profit child and family service agency. The Home provides services to thousands of children and families each year throughout Eastern Massachusetts. Their programs provide mentoring, tutoring and therapeutic assistance, fostering and adoption, residential care, and independent living support for children "aging out" of the foster system.
But beyond the group efforts of NESP, members are spreading their generosity in their own communities.
• Mari crochets and donates hats and scarves to keep our needy neighbors warm.
• Indigo810 bakes pies for Thanksgiving baskets and participates in the Salvation Army’s Angel Tree, which provides new clothing and toys for children of needy families.
• OBG and Indigo810 participate in Operation Christmas Child, which sends millions of shoeboxes filled with gifts to needy children around the world.
• The SegerHicks family donates to the local food pantry and buys gifts for children who have very little.
• Amyrebo donates to the Maine Sea Coast Mission. The Mission provides spiritual, health, and youth programs to coastal and island communities.
• Tricia and Born17yrs2Late donate coats and sweaters to the Windham Women’s Club Annual Coat drive. Born17yrs2Late also rakes leaves for the elderly and Tricia sponsors a child through Operation Santa Claus.
• The Duff family donates to the Vermont Achievement Center, which provides education and support opportunities to children and families in Vermont.
• The THawks family walks in Philadelphia for Brian’s Pride and Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
• Uhadmeatwoohoo donates musical instruments to a Cape Cod after school program.
Taylor’s Angels salutes NESP for their spirit of giving! As they head into another year, we have no doubt that they will continue to live by the credo, “doing well by doing good.”
If you’d like to learn more about NESP, visit the website at http://www.newenglandsoulpatrol.org/.
And once again, Taylor's Angels would like to remind you to send us your pics, greetings and short videos for Taylor's Christmas DVD! If you contribute to NESP or any of the Soul Patrol charities this Christmas, you will receive a FREE high quality copy! Submit them to: email@example.com
Written by Tricia, NESP
Edited by Tina (DidNotExpectThat
Taylor Photos by Tina (DidNotExpectThat)
Tags: Taylor Hicks, American Idol, Soul Patrol, Taylor's Angels